|Welcome to FAPAC
FAPAC works to heal children by empowering families. To accomplish this goal, we
- Provide comprehensive support to assist families who are struggling to navigate the system to get services for children in their homes.
- Host intensive trainings to enable foster parents to build their capacity to parent children who have experienced neglect and abuse.
- Develop advocacy skills of families so that they can better advocate for the needs of the children in their homes, and can help other families to do the same.
- Coordinate and organize the foster, kinship, and adoptive parent community to participate in policy review, meetings, and projects alongside of the professionals who serve our children so that they can participate at tables of systemic reform.
- Build partnership and collaboration between foster parents and social workers, and foster parents and birth parents, and among agencies, so that children are better served.
|"FAPAC has provided a safe haven for me as a foster parent to go for support and good advice on many areas that come up while taking the city's children into my home. Just knowing that they are there and the mission that they have established makes me feel so much better about what I do as a foster parent."
|© 2013 Foster and Adoptive Parent Advocacy Center||6200 Second Street, NW, Washington, DC 20011|
email@example.com | p: 202-269-9441 | f: 202-269-9451